Monday, April 18, 2005

There will be no attention drawn to the genesis of this blog!

Look at me, I have thoughts and opinions!

I figured now that the "trendy" phase of blogging (at least, in MY eccentric, sporadically trend-hating mind) has passed, I'd go ahead and start one up. I really have no idea why, except that lately, I've wanted to write crap down, and maybe see what other people think, for some unknown and likely self-serving reason.

That being said, I expect 10 or more responses extolling my life's accomplishments and the erudite sensibilities with which I conduct myself, both on and offline. Any less, and I shall unleash a grisled horror the likes of which have ne'er before been seen upon the hapless shores of Atlantic Canada!

My wrath can be appeased through the offerings of muffins. But GOOD muffins - none of this boxed mix junk. I'm really craving a muffin right now.

In all seriousness, I'm finding myself with a severe lack of socialization here, and I'd just like to have a forum wherein I can converse with my friends and acquaintances who are far away (or near, though really, come on - just come over, you're like 10 minutes away), occasionally bring up serious topics, and then promptly send the discussion of said topics spiralling into an endless abyss of potty jokes. Is that too much to ask?

If so, I refer to the above-threatened horror and subsequent muffin placation.

I'll also try to get posting more on other's blogs - I run hot and cold with my committments, as anyone unfortunate enough to cross paths with me is likely to attest to.

So, post away, young e-...peeps. Let us revel in this glorious courier service of 1's and 0's!

7 Comments:

Blogger theajthomas said...

You said there would be swears. That's funny. I'm glad you have a blog because I will enjoy reading what you have written. I would also like to say from the get go that will not be spellchecking anything that I write on your blog (like I do for all others) because i realize that my bad spelling is one of the things you love about me or at the least expect about me. So not get on to writing something whitty and/or thought provocing.

2:32 p.m.  
Blogger Jo said...

what flavors of muffins do you like? because inevitably someone will offend you or someone else on this thing, and i will want to bring muffins into the conversation to make peace. anyway, welcome to blogdom.

3:15 p.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY BUT I'M SHOUTING IT ANYWAY!!!!

3:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray, it's geoff!

um, well. basically that's it right now.

hope you get a muffin.

10:23 p.m.  
Blogger Hooper said...

We are nearly halfway to appeasement! The fatted-calves that are your posts can be likened to a cool towel placed on the burning forehead that is my rage, and...um...

Wait. If I get enough posts, I have to buy my OWN muffins. I should've thought this through.

Jo - I prefer fruit-based muffins - blueberry, banana, and explosion, though I will not turn down a fine specimen of either muffin on the end of the nutrition spectrum - namely, Bran or Chocolate Chip.

It's been 10 hours since I wrote the muffin thing, and it STILL sounds good.

See, this is the type of random discussion I desire. Now all I need is a green light, a Hinsdale w/laundry, and a Marden to cookie-mock.

Someone tell Marden about the blog!

Oh, and AJ, I'd frankly be disappointed if I couldn't giggle (and obsessively desire to CHANGE) your spelling errors.

11:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice friggin' blog buddy! i'll give you a muffin'. i'm working on it right now. i think it's chcolate.
rossy

10:07 a.m.  
Blogger Jo said...

good luck with that geoff. marden doesn't even read the comments on his own blog. one of you men will inevitably have to resort to emailing him.

10:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home