Friday, April 22, 2005

So many haircutting puns

"Hair today, gone tomorrow."

"The end of a hair-a".

.
.
.

I'm sure there's more, but I'll be frigged if I'm gonna use up my creativity for the day thinking of things that annoy me.

So yeah, I cut my hair off last night. It's noticeably cooler, maybe in more ways than one. For all of you who said you liked my hair long - thanks, but I found myself facing the conundrum of your everyday common girl. If I wanted to be low maintenance and not really worry about things like cutting or styling my hair, it was basically a giant frizz-ball that blew all over th place in the wind and made me look like a mad scientist (not saying that's not a cool look and all, but...well, ok, it's not a cool look.)

On the other hand, I could spend time and money and make it look all pretty and cool and trendy and such, but that pretty much goes against every inclination I've ever had in the past 10 years, so that's out as well.

In the end, it was a fun experiment, and worth it to see how it looked, felt, etc. Anyway, here's some fun action shots from the shearing ceremony last night:






One final picture of me and the hair





The scene of the crime





This is the hair that came off from ONE pass (well, it may have been one and a little bit, but basically one)








Hard to see, but I attempted to leave myself a sweet rat-tail





The end result




So yeah, as you can see, I'm back to my normal, close-shaven self. I'm thinking I'll actually grow the hair to a reasonable length again, and try something different, but hopefully more manageable. Remember, it's all about being able to be socially presentable in 10 minutes or less.

In other news, the points system officially drops Monday, or whenever I have time to figure it out. Not sure if it'll be retroactive, but I'm thinking yes, mostly because I enjoy awarding and punishing. I should've been emperor somewhere.

9 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Perry said...

you've lost your mojo.

12:40 p.m.  
Blogger theajthomas said...

Sniff...why?

1:40 p.m.  
Blogger Jo said...

hey, don't be dissin' the mad scientist look...sometimes it can't be helped.

my advice: no rat tails.

oh and hooper, watch out for philistines now that you've cut your hair. they can be nasty.

4:04 p.m.  
Blogger Hooper said...

I stole your Nazirite joke this morning in a conversation with AP, Jo. 'Cept I inversed it, I guess.

AJ - I did it mainly because 95% of the time I wasn't satisfied with the hair. It was fun, and I'll always the pictures, but it was NEVER the casual cascade of shimmery locks that yours is - always a knotted, frizzy struggle. I believe Whitey knows my pain, though I do think the long hair suits him more than me. Also, it was too warm, and you know my perspiration habits. Biking and basketball were getting to be murder.

4:20 p.m.  
Blogger theajthomas said...

Ahh hooper, how I remeber your perseperation. It's like a constant huricane in all your warm places.

5:22 p.m.  
Blogger Hooper said...

SO many points for that unbelievably apt simile.

8:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh, hoopers sweating habits... oh how i loved to be slimed while attempting to guard him at monday nites basketball... between that and the elbows, it was basketball bliss...

2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Hooper said...

Just because you can't hack my clumsy rebounding style, Leighton, doesn't make it wrong. It's probably wrong, though. I'm not good at sports. I've been reduced to nothing more than a pick-setting pylon Monday nights - there are some pretty good players there now.

5:10 p.m.  
Blogger Scottie said...

i am definately not doggin your rebounding style hoop... if it weren't for you being there geoffy who would i have to guard??? now if you tell me that hook shot hooper has finally retired then i may have to hang up my nikes... and by the way after playing provincial ball in stanley last weekend with kirky and timmy and some others i will never call your play rough again... those stanley boys play rugby style... sincerely i do miss playing ball with ya hooper... sorry, was that sappy?

10:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home